Friday 21 June 2013

On again, off again...

  I did warn you this would happen. At least I meant to. Another interest got in the way of my blog - my very eclectic blog - and I haven't been around much. Mind you, the COPD and Fibromyalgia have also had a hand in that, but it's primarily been the study in film-making that has distracted me.
  But before I go any further, I would like to wish all my Pagan, Wiccan, and Druid friends a very Happy Summer Solstice (or Yule, south of the Equator). 
'Tis the time to circle round,
In the path the Faye have found...
May you all find serenity and plenty.
  Back to my ramble. As pretty much everyone knows, there has recently been a lot of rain. Now, by "a lot" I mean HUGE AMOUNTS that have resulted in multiple floods, road closures and failures and general chaos and unease. (Please note here that I am doing my best to not promote hysteria. This is an enormous feat for me, and I do expect kudos for it. He-he-he.) What fewer people know is that high humidity has a really horrible effect on people with COPD, asthma or pretty much any lung disorder/disease. I remember before I got really ill. It would rain heavily - even torentially - and I would think "Gee, it's muggy!" Now when it rains, not even particularly hard, I feel like I'm trying to breath at the bottom of a fish tank. Please, people, if you have a friend, family member or neighbour who has "problems breathing", when it rains ask them if they could use a ride somewhere or need you to run an errand for them. Otherwise we are essentially trapped inside out own homes until the weather clears...seriously.
  Also when the air pressure goes up and down and up and down, as it is wont to do during storms, my Fibromyalgia flares up horrifically! Every nerve in my body tells me that there is critical damage happening, even though there isn't. In short, it hurts! It hurts as if I have been punched repeatedly. I can tell you that this is fairly accurate because I know a woman who was beaten and has since developed  fibromyalgia, and she swears that this is so (as far as we know the two are not linked). The point to graphically describing this is so that you will understand when I say it leaves me unable to type or sit upright for long due to oh-my-god-this-is-awful pain.
  And then there is the previously mentioned new interest.
  I have developed a real - well, you might call it an obsession - with film making. I really am finding setting up the lights and calculating camera angles and revising scripts (5 or more times) absolutely fascinating! It's a good thing I didn't find this out prior to having children or my kids may never have come in to being! (Sorry guys. You can sear at me later.) I think I may create a new page just for my adventures in film making ... which seems to me to be a good title for it actually. So keep an eye open for it.
  And now it's time for me to end this post. As you've probably noticed by now, this is not exactly my strong suit. I generally sputter out and finish with something lame; I know this. This one is not going to be any different. So live long and prosper, have a nice day, be happy...and stuff. So.......yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment